Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Hump Day Today! Wednesday...yeah!

Hi again! Sorry this is a little later in the day but better than not at all, right?

I hope you are enjoying my "regular" posts of 3 days per week. I love sharing what I make with you. There is not a day that goes by that I don't craft something (unless I am extremely sick...but touch wood, I am doing pretty well). I am enjoying the cooler temperatures which make it easier for me to do things at home and out in the world.

On to the card,

I made this card for a dear young woman who we have known her whole life...whose birthday is September 11th. (I also know another woman, the daughter of a dear friend who is now in her 30's, who also has her birthday on Sept. 11th...I feel bad that this day is memorialized every year for being such a sad day, and not a celebration of their "birth" days.)

Yes, I cut out all those zigzag pieces out of different colours of card stock. I used the Tasteful Trim Big Shot die and some strips from 12 x 12 sheets of card stock. If I was really careful, I could cut 2 strips at a time! The colours I used from the bottom right corner are...Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Tango Tangerine, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, and Rich Razzleberry. I also used Basic Black 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon, and one of the dies from the Apothecary Accents Framelits. The words come from the Sassy Salutations stamp set...I love the font in the whole set!

Hope the rest of your week goes very well for you all,

Be back soon,
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment