Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Friday!! And my Son's Birthday!!






So here is a fun masculine birthday card! (Not the one I am giving my son but even if it was, he doesn't have time to check my blog anyway!!)

This card uses the technique of Faux Tearing. For the area underneath the anchor tag, I adhered, temporarily, two pieces of card stock that I had previously torn, one above that area and one below. That left me a space in between to lightly sponge on my ink and to stamp the compasses. After doing both of those, I removed the torn extra card stock and was left with this beautiful design on my card layer.

Stamps: The Open Sea (the compass and globe stamps are stamped off once in Soft Suede before stamping on card, the anchor is full strength on a scrap of Very Vanilla), Words are done on computer in Early Espresso.

Card Stock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla

Ink: Soft Suede, (and Early Espresso from my computer in MDS2, Stampin Up's on line cardmaking and scrapbooking program...try it for free for 30 days right now!!)

Accessories: Sponge or Sponge Dauber, SU retired twine (just use more layers of Linen Thread twisted together), Extra Large Tag Punch, Small Hole Punch to use on tag, and 1 medium of the Naturals Designer Buttons.

(I am sure I have mentioned this before but my friend, Karin, and I make lots of cards to donate the proceeds to Chrohn's and Colitis Foundation and I often use up some of my retired products on those cards to reduce our costs. There will be cards that do use retired Stampin Up products but I will try to give a you an option to use something current!)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, 
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment