Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Wednesday!!


This is another one of the swaps that I made to take to Regionals. I love this card and it is a very trendy style right now, called Triple Layer Card.

For this card I used Midnight Muse and Whisper White cardstock. I want to give you the measurements to this card so you can try this technique:

Midnight Muse...8 1/2" x 5 1/2" for the card base (fold in half!), 
3 1/4" x 4 1/2", and 2 1/4" x 3 1/4"

Whisper White...4" x 5 1/4", 3" x 4 1/4" and 2" x 3 1/4".

You layer the three white pieces together (1/2" edges on all sides as you stack the layers. Adhere with a temporary adhesive. Then stamp your design every which way over all three layers at once (there will be a little missing on the 2nd and 3rd layers but that will be covered up by the Midnight Muse layers).

I used the flower from "Blooming with Kindness" (love that flower, can you tell?!) with Midnight Muse ink. Make sure your ink pad has enough ink to give you solid and clear images. Once you are finished the stamping take your 3 layers apart and layer on their coordinating Midnight Muse pieces. Make sure you line up your layers so the flowers match up!!

I added some Whisper White 5/8" organza ribbon and a Midnight Muse Dahlia. I used a greeting from "Petit Pairs" and the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches on scraps of cardstock.

As I have no idea how to make a video, let alone post it(!!), so I am going to refer you to an amazing US Stampin Up demo, Dawn Olchefske at http://dostamping.typepad.com for a great video. (You will have to go back quite a few pages (maybe as much as 10 pages) on her blog to find it but she has great step by step instructions. 

Hope you give this a try!

Be back soon,
Chrissie


No comments:

Post a Comment