Monday, September 24, 2012

Another Happy Merry Monday

This is one of my favourite cards of this Fall. There are so many new but traditional parts to this card! I crocheted the wreath using our Gumball Green Sweater Trim in the Holiday catalogue. (I used a 5 mm crochet hook and made 19 chains, then joined them into a circle!)

Card is Cherry cobbler with a layer of Crumb Cake (used to be called Kraft). Then we have this really cool 12 x 12 paper called Core'dinations (also in the Holiday Mini). I used the Early Espresso colour and ran it through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain Textured Impression Embossing Folder. Then, because this paper has a different colour core, I sanded the top very lightly to give the look you see here. I love this! (the Core'dinations is also available in Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green, one colour per package.)

I glued the wreath onto the front using Tombow white glue, topped it with a bow of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and stuck Cherry Cobbler brads into the knit (with glue on the ends) to represent the berries. The greeting is from "Christmas Lodge" (in the Annual catalogue) stamped with Gumball Green on Very Vanilla card stock. 

We are doing this wood look technique on one of the cards at our October 21st Christmas Stamping Event. Come out and give it a try, and maybe you will want to do more of it!!

Also if you would still like to make the ornament on the front of the Holiday catalogue, please let me know and we can set up a time to get together. Or if you want to have me make it for you, I would be more than happy to do that! If you want more than one, I can do that, too!! Just send me an email and I will get right back to you. I am going to do a blue one and I will post it when I get it done!

Have a great week, everyone...I will be back in a couple of days!

Thanks,
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment