Saturday, October 30, 2010

2 More Christmas Cards!!

Sorry for being a day late but here are the next two cards...both are more traditional like I promised...

This card uses our Gold Glass Glitter from the Holiday Mini catalogue, and boy does it sparkle!! It also has a small vintage brad around the centre of the bow which finishes off the total vintage look to the card.

This card has the globes and the greeting embossed with gold. This is where we put the powder on the stamped images and heat it with the heat gun. This melts the powder and leaves a shiny, raised image. It is beautiful in person!


Lewis and I had a great day yesterday! We went for a walk around downtown, stopped at Kingsmills, and stopped for lunch. All that freash air felt so terrific. I plan to do more walking now that the weather has cooled down!!

I am also helping my dear friend, Alicia Ryckman, by prepping cards for her fundraiser on Nov. 7th. She holds this fundraiser each year in honour of a young woman who lost her battle with cancer at age 25. Everyone will be making 11 Chrismas cards, 2 each of 5 designs and one special card with penguins, as penguins were this young woman's favourite animal! If you would like to attend, please let me know and I will let Alicia know. (Cost is $30 with all the money going to Child Cancer...there are tons of prizes including Ipod, Wii, etc., etc....Alicia is the DIrector of the ToysRUs in London so always has the most amazing prizes!!) I will also be there on the 7th for the afternoon to help out! It will be a blast!! (The event is being held at the Hillside Church on Commissioners Rd...between Wellington and Wharncliffe...from 2 - 5 pm on the 7th.)

If you would like to come to one of my classes on Nov. 10 or 11th, please let me know as soon as possible. If you would like to attend Alicia's fundraiser, please contact me as soon as you can.

I will be back on Monday with 2 or 3 more Christmas cards for classes.

Enjoy your weekend...have fun with the cute little Trick or Treaters!

So long for now,
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment