Wednesday, October 17, 2012

This week is going too fast!!


Here is a really cute card I made for a young girl's Halloween birthday. Isn't it the cutest?!

All of the card uses Stampin Up products except for the adorable little witch on a broom. There are a number of free or very inexpensive digital stamps out there on the web. I have bought a few like this that have such adorable faces. Once they are on my computer, I then open them in the My Digital Studio2 program from Stampin Up. I can then change the size to fit what I want to do with it and print it out to use on my card. I coloured this one by hand with markers but the MDS2 program now has a paintbrush tool so I am going to try to colour it on the computer next time!

The card is made from Tangerine Tango with Basic Gray dotted paper from Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer Series Paper, and the flag pieces under the sign are from the same DSP. There is a small piece of Basic Black cardstock behind the witch which I embossed with the Spider Web folder and brushed lightly with a sponge and Whisper White ink. I used various markers to colour the witch including Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Pretty in Pink, Cajun Craze, and for her skin, the Blush Blossom marker that is sold on page 157 of the Annual Catalogue.

I did the greeting on my computer and printed it on Very Vanilla card stock, added some Tangerine Tango ribbon flipped over (has white polka dots on the other side), a Basic Gray button with some retired Very Vanilla 1/8" ribbon threaded in it.

So I love how it turned out and I now have that stamp on my computer for use again in years to come! So fun!

Be back soon,
Chrissie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment