Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

This is my Halloween printers tray! Just a cool decoration! It was a kit from Stampin Up but I have also bought extra trays (made of wood with divisions that would have held metal letters for a printer and a metal carry handle at the top) so I can make some for Christmas, too. 

Of course, no one uses these trays and metal letters to do any printing anymore but that is what my paternal grandfather did for his whole life for a career. When I was a young girl, my Grandpa took me to his work to show me what he did. It was amazing how they printed newspapers, flyers, and corporate advertising almost 50 years ago...one letter placed at a time to make the words! Now we just hit "Print"!!

I will have to think up my own design for a Christmas tray so you won't see that for a few weeks! (Maybe one of my friends will do a Christmas one that I can just copy, with their permission obviously!)

I hope that the weather where you are is good for the kids and for those answering their door!

Have a fun evening, and I will be back on Friday,
Chrissie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment