Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Adding Fabric to our Cards!

These are two of my samples from the demonstration I did last night at our Quarterly stamping meeting. I showed how to make the flower out of the many fabrics Stampin' Up carries. (The second card seems to have floated to the bottom of the post...not sure how I did that!!)

The flower is not hard to make but it is a little time consuming. The sizes of fabric I started with are 2 3/4" x 12" and 2" x 12". This width will make two flowers. The fabric needs to be accordian folded down the full 12" in 1/2" folds. Too bad that fabric doesn't score like paper does...that would make this so much easier. Without repeating everything on this post, I am going to suggest that if you want to see a very good video to make this flower, that you go to this blog ... www.jackietopa.typepad.com . You will have to go back a few pages on Jackie's blog as she has posted quite a few days since this was on the front page. She shows all the steps to make the flower.

Just a quick note about the sparkly brad in the centre of the "sister" card, it is not a new product but a combination of 2 current products in the large annual catalogue. I took a silver brad from the 5/8" brad assortment...112534...$9.95 (page 199) and covered it with our Basic Rhinestones...119246...$6.50 (page 198). I didn't add any glue as the rhinestones have adhesive on the backs. I used 7 large for the top and around the edge I used medium rhinestones. I really didn't count them, just put them close together and they fit perfectly around the edge of the brad. The silver brad base makes the rhinestones reflect and really sparkle in the right light!
I have more things to show you from last night but I won't put everything up today!!

Check back in a day or two for more!

So long for now,
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment