Thursday, February 23, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!!


Hi!! Life has been really busy again lately. I want to thank everyone who came to our Fundraiser for the Rangers last Saturday. We made over $600 for this wonderful, teenage level of Guiding. We had so much fun with about 40 new and experienced stampers...it was a wonderful day!


But then, of course, I was exhausted and rested on Sunday and part of Monday. Spent some time on putting away all the supplies I had taken to the event...ink pads, punches, etc. Then Sean, Brenda, and the kids came to London and we went for a very yummy dinner at the Keg to celebrate Brenda's birthday. Maddie and Blake sat through dinner eating and playing on their devices...Maddie on her IPod and Blake on Sean's Playbook. It was pretty funny but Maddie did show me some things about the game Angry Birds that I didn't know and now I am much better at that game!!


On to the card...

This is one of the cards that my friend, Karin, and I made to fundraise for Chrohn's and Colitis. We have been doing this for a few years now and we have made a lot of money for the Foundation...one card at a time!!

The top of the card is all stamped...it is not pre-designed paper. I had a lot of fun doing that! I used Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, River Rock, Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise inks. I used the center part of the flower in the "Mixed Bunch" stamp set (in the Occasions Mini 2012) and the dotted circular tree top from "Trendy Trees" (in the big catalogue) as my two stamps. Then I just went crazy and no two papers were the same!!

The red ribbon is retired but there are lots of other choices in the catalogue to use. I also used a piece of River Rock striped DSP from the paper pads in the big catalogue with the other Designer Series papers. Around the scallop punches medallion, I put the largest rhinestones to really give it some bling! The whole card is nice and bright for the upcoming spring season! (Sounds like we are going to get more winter today and tomorrow before we see spring!)

Have a fun weekend, even if you are out shovelling snow...enjoy the amazing beauty of the white world! (I can say that because we no longer have to shovel!!)

So long for now,
Chrissie


No comments:

Post a Comment