Monday, January 24, 2011

More Valentines! and a Book Recommendation!!

First of all, if you like a good book with an interesting story, I recommend the book "Roses" by Leila Meacham. I read this book over the weekend and I didn't want to put it down. (I got my copy from the Library as an Ebook for my Kobo Ereader.) It is a generational book about three families over the years (no violence, and love, not sex descriptions). Just my kind of book and a great read over a cold January weekend!

I also made more Valentines this past weekend. Here are a few of my projects...


This card is a variation on the one I had on my last post. I wove 1/8" Real Red and Pretty in Pink ribbons to make the insert in the heart. I like this look!

The papers, stamps, and ribbons are the same sizes as the previous card. I changed up the colours and the border punch for a much different look!










This card uses the Love Letter DSP on a Vanilla card base. I wrapped black 1/8" ribbon over the two paper joins. I also used three different punches, along with a rhinestone on the heart and one of the new vanilla ribbon roses as an added touch. I changed the papers to give another different look but all papers are from the same DSP package. Hope you like them both!






I will be back in a few days with more Valentines! I still have some cute ones to show you!

I have a few busy days ahead with Doctor appointments, getting another perm so my hair looks better (LOL), and various errands.

I have not yet set up a class schedule as I have had a lot of health disruptions over the past couple of months and I am just trying to get back on my feet! My biggest issue was with my sleep apnea condition. I use a CPAP machine but mine has not been working well for awhile (it is over 12 years old and I use it every night!). I am trying to get caught up on some good sleep with a newer machine. Each day I feel my energy improving...which is awesome!!

I hope to bring you more cards by Thursday!!
So long for now,
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment