Monday, November 19, 2012

Look at these Too Cute Snowmen!!

I made these cuties this morning. They are battery operated tea lights decorated with paper, and yarn "scarves".

This idea came from Becky Roberts, a very talented US Demonstrator, from whom I have gotten some awesome ideas over the years!

These is so easy to decorate. First I punched the center out of Whisper White cardstock with the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack (3/8" diameter), then around it I punched the circle for the whole face with my 1 3/8" circle punch. Add some adhesive to the back and slide the piece over the "flame" of the tealight and adhere to the top. 

The eyes and mouth are made from the medium and large pearls (119247 - $6.50/package) that I coloured with a black Sharpie marker. The hat is made from the Extra Large Oval punch (Gumball Green), the brim from the Large Oval punch (Cherry Cobbler), and the puff on the hat top with the 1/2" punch (Cherry Cobbler). Glue them all together and then run the whole hat through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder to give it a knitted texture. 

Underneath the tealight, put a piece using the 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle punch which is punched from Gumball Green, to be a coat collar! Remember to punch out a small circle (I used the same punch as for the flame) and place over the On/Off switch. I then adhered the Sweater Trim from the Holiday catalogue around the sides of the tealight and tied it in a bow.

I can see myself making a bunch more of these before Christmas for stocking stuffers. If you want to make some, you can use other reds or greens (or any colour that you like) that you have in your stash!

Have fun,
Chrissie 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment